Tuesday, July 31, 2007

SCAMPI

I'm in the second week of the Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement for my company. This process, for level 3 maturity, for this company, will take 12 people 9 working days to complete. When it's all said and done, it will have been 3 1/2 weeks since I last worked for any significant time on the project I REALLY would rather be working on. Not that there is anything wrong with this. However, that being said, it can become a somewhat heated atmosphere when we as a team have to come to a consensus on a particular issue. This needs to happen for us to move forward. I've learned much more than I ever wanted to about CMMI. If you ever want to know more about it, I'll give you the book (I want to forget everything I learned as quickly as possible). :)