Thursday, January 25, 2007

Running

I've never been a person who likes to run. I've never really run more than a mile in my life, at least without stopping 20-30 times. So yesterday I get to the Y, and every bike in the place it taken up. So I'm wondering what to do. I look around, and find that one of the treadmills is free. I hate running, but since I really need to get my cardio going, and that's all I have to pick from, I decide to at least walk for a little while. I was wearing Cross-Trainers, which are not the best things to run for long distances in. But I got on, and after getting adjusted to it, I picked up the pace, and soon was running. I ran a mile and a half before I slowed the machine back down. I have to say it was quite a rewarding experience to realize that the cardio I have been doing up to this point is actually working. But once I got off the machine, I felt like I was moving really fast, and it kind of freaked me out. So I don't know when I will get back on that beast. Maybe when the weather gets better, I'll go out to the track near the school and see how far I can run. But first, I had better go get me some new running shoes.