Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Traffic

I've had this theory for the past month concerning the traffic congestion at the HRBT. It only works for non-summer months though. For the summer time, it's just always really bad. So my theory goes something like this: When college is "in", traffic stays relatively bad throughout the year. However, when college is "out", as in winter break, traffic will be almost non-existent. I know, not much of a theory, but it passes the time in my head when I am on the road. Anyways, since around the middle of December, I have not been stuck in traffic once. This is almost like some kind of minor miracle. So I have been waiting until this week to see if my theory holds any water. So yesterday, traffic is backed up 5 1/2 miles on the way home. Okay, so this is some anomaly. Well, this morning, there is a 10-20 minute backup crossing the tunnel. It appears as though my little theory actually holds water. HMMM. Another theory I have concerns traffic levels when the Navy ships leave port, but that one's a little more obvious.....